Listing is extremely important. If you are disorganized, a list can mean the different between accomplishing your goals and wallowing in the despair of chaos. Let’s take a look at 5 reasons why listing is important.
1. Making a list can save you time. When you make a list, it allows your brain to focus on the task at hand instead of trying to remember all the little details. There is nothing to force yourself to remember because you’ve written it down.
2. Making a list can save you money. People who shop with a list and stick to it save more money than those who do not. Shopping with a purpose saves you from making spontaneous purchases that could affect you later in the pay period.
3. Making a list can help you prioritize. When you see your tasks written out on paper, it allows you to take a look at your time and tasks. You will be able to prioritize them, allowing you to organize your tasks by time or necessity.
4. Making a list can help you achieve your goals. Listing your goals will allow you to create a second list of steps that make your goals seem more attainable. When you break down your goals into attainable steps, they seem easier to achieve because you are doing much smaller tasks.
5. Making a list can help you feel accomplished. When you are able to cross items off your list, and you have achieved your goals, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and be able to live the life you want to live.